[Icecast] TIP: using icecast in chroot mode with YP announcing

ACiDAngel list-icecast at rewtbox.de
Sat Sep 18 11:15:04 UTC 2004

> Klaas Jan Wierenga wrote:
>
> > I'm not using yp directory listings, but I can guess why it is not
> > working.
> > You're probably missing the libcurl.so library in your chroot jail
> > directories. Here's the listing of files I have in the chroot jail:
>
> Definitely not, I rebuilt the whole lib structure i got from
> ldd in my chroot But i always get :
>
> [2004-09-16  23:15:04] EROR yp/yp_submit_url Got a NAK from
> yp_add(Unknown)
> (http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi)
>
> If I switch chroot off everything works fine without any more changes.
>
> All libs from "ldd icecast" are in the chroot-root in there
> right path's
>
> At first I also thought it is a lib-problem - but I think it
> cant be a libraries problem because I already straced the
> icecast process with all its childs for libcalls and there's
> nothing I can see that fails ...
> Can anyone reproduce that ? Is it a bug ?

Afte noone could gave me a help I  found a solution for myself.
In icecast chroot mode the resolving/nscd does not work.
Also not, if the libresolv is copied to the icecast chroot.
(dunno if this is a chroot problem or if it is a problem/feature in
combination with gresecurity kernel patches which i use)

If I put hosts in icecastroot/etc and write into that hosts file my yp
hostnames it works fine.
I announce on xiph and oddsock so I created the following "hosts" file in
the chrooted etc dir:

140.211.166.5 dir.xiph.org
66.98.134.94 www.oddsock.org

Good luck