[Icecast] m3u problems

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Oct 29 02:11:44 UTC 2004

At 03:30 AM 10/28/2004, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I am using icecast 2.0.2 using the webroot (no mount point) to serve all
>the ogg files
>within the folder that is the webroot.  According to the documentation I
>should be able to take the audio
>(test.org) file name and add a .m3u extension, and icecast should
>automatically generate a m3u file in response.
>However at the moment it serves the test.org file as the m3u file. This
>unfortunately won't play in a number
>of different players (I think this is a mime thing).

I believe this functionality is only in trunk version of icecast (i.e. not
2.0.2).  It may be that the docs for 2.0.2 are wrong, because I believe I
added that capability (a more generalized implementation of the m3u
generation that works with both mountpoints and static files) post 2.0.

>On the message board someone reported a problem that is similar. Their
>problem was
>traced to the host name element in icecast's config file. I have tried
>various different
>configurations (FQDN, IP) without much luck.

hostname is definately a key part of m3u generation, but as I said before I
don't think the m3u generation worked on static files in 2.0.2, only on
mountpoints.

oddsock