[Icecast] a few questions

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Oct 21 02:24:44 UTC 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:16, Richard Morey wrote:
> I was under the impression icecast wrote useage statistics to that
> directory, and you accessed them via http://host:port/admin/

Icecast serves various things (including usage statistics) from
http://.../admin/...
However, none of what it serves directly comes from files, it's all
dynamically generated.

> Where does the xslt file come from that it tries to access when you
> attempt to access the admin page?

The XSLT files are in the admin directory. They never get written by icecast
(they can be modified by the user though - to make it look different, or
whatever else you might want to do).

The XML that the XSLT is applied to is dynamically generated, icecast never
writes an actual file for this.

The response from the admin interface is the result of applying the XSLT
transformation to the dynamically generated XML file.

Mike