[Icecast] a few questions

Richard Morey morey at banta.psyc.missouri.edu
Wed Oct 20 19:36:50 UTC 2004

I have just gotten a stream working and it is very cool. I am using
ices0.4 to stream mp3s to icecast2 under redhat 9. I have a couple of
questions, though:

1. No files are being written to the admin directory. It is successfully
writing the access and error logs and the pid file. The path is correct
in the icecast.xml file. The user has write access to the admin
directory. Do I need to turn something on?

2. Also, no files are being written to the web directory. Same situation
as above.

3. With ices0.4, is there any way to force ices to change the mp3 that
it is playing while it is running in the background? I'd like to set up
somekind of request system. Is there a script that does this?

Thanks.