[Icecast] ICECast in Flash / IEWin

Ika OSCAOS ikaos at gmx.fr
Wed Nov 3 07:32:19 UTC 2004

Hello,

Michael Smith <msmith at xiph.org>:

> We don't sent a content-length header because there's no way to know the
> content length in advance - it's a stream, after all!

I kown this, after more than 1 hour the flash player stop to play. But during 1
hour It's possible to listen music, better than hearing nothing.

> > So, I made a small PHP proxy and now Flash works very well with icecast 2.
> > Other solution is to add this header in the icecast 2 source code and
> > compile it, but I don't have time to test.
>
> Whilst you're welcome to do something like this, it would be very
> inappropriate for the normal icecast sources to do this - it's giving
> deliberately wrong information that WILL cause problems.

I'm agree with you it's not an appropriate solution, but it works. So can you
give me the appropriate solution, I will replace my proxy as soon as you
explain me how listener can listen my radio with flash players.

Thank you,

--
Ika