[Icecast] ICECast in Flash / IEWin

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Nov 3 01:55:09 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 03:13, Ika OSCAOS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a flash player. First It didn't work with icecast 2. The blocking
> difference between icecast 1 and icecast 2 is that icecast 2 don't send the
> Content-Length header.

We don't sent a content-length header because there's no way to know the
content length in advance - it's a stream, after all!

> So, I made a small PHP proxy and now Flash works very well with icecast 2.
> Other solution is to add this header in the icecast 2 source code and
> compile it, but I don't have time to test.

Whilst you're welcome to do something like this, it would be very
inappropriate for the normal icecast sources to do this - it's giving
deliberately wrong information that WILL cause problems.

Mike