[icecast] YP submission / cURL issue. (icecast 2.0.1 / gentoo)

cpickert at t3inc.us cpickert at t3inc.us
Wed May 26 06:19:56 UTC 2004

I've yet to assemble a valid crash-procedure to consistently re-produce the
issue. AFAIK, whats causing it is possibly CPU-utilization issues with my
chaining of processing/DSP, what do y'all think?! --  My encoder setup:

Winamp
  `[DSP] -> SoundSolution (dynamic sonic enhancement)
  `[Output] -> SqrSoft Crossfading (only ''REAL'' crossfader)
        `[SqrSoft DSP Emul]` -> (Sqrsoft HAS to be 'output' and then MUX DSPs)
                  `[MuchFX 0.9902]
                        | 2x - Oddcast 2.0.13 -> Icecast
                        | 2x -   "       "    -> Shoutcast
                        | 2x -   "       "    -> Windows Media
  `[GenPurp] -> DoSomething (generate HTML to 'net mapped' web-server drive)

song-transision / the
cross-fader will drive CPU dangerously high and I'm wondering if
there's a loss
of avail CPU time, will OddCast possibly choke/stall and then cause the
Icecast
crash? This is where I'd guess the issue of where the crash is. It's almost
impossible to guess when it'll crash so I can't totally validate my
assumption.
I know the encoder setup is not at all Icecast related, just the fact there's
all the processing that drives CPU to 100% as well as the way SqrSoft
does it's
crossfade with songs, the buffering mechanism is a little odd. Might want to
look at it if you're curious.

SoundSolution-- http://www.tmsweb.dnsalias.com
SqrSoft-- http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar
MuchFX-- http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90732
OddCast-- http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_wa2

I don't see it happening on the (non-YP) Linux Icecast but it happens
routinely
in Win32 Icecast.