[icecast] alias mount points

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Thu May 6 03:16:30 UTC 2004

Hi:

Someone sent a patch to the development list that would allow you to set up
a stack of mountpoints, each with precedence over the one below it.  So if
mount A is connected, listeners would get that, if not, listeners would get
mount B if it were connected, else C, etc.  Actually I think this much is
in standard icecast, but the trick to this patch was that if mount A
reconnected, listeners would be pulled forward again to that mountpoint.  I
*think* this was committed to subversion, or CVS as it was then.  This
would probably help you achieve what you want, with your playlist as the
lowest priority and your other broadcasters higher up.

Geoff.