[icecast] can´t start liveice with cronjob

zuendler at t-online.de zuendler at t-online.de
Wed Jan 28 06:44:01 UTC 2004

Hallo,

I have a problem to start liveice with a cronjob.

On both machines is running debian 3.0. Both machines are connect via
vpn. As server is icecast 1.3.11 running on the nother machine liveice.
No GUI. Ihave sometimes problems with the vpn connection, this is the
reason why I will frequently kill an restart the liveice process. In the
archive list I found some scripts to restart the liveice and icecast
process, the scripts works well but it doesn´t work with a cronjob.

This is the small script to kill and restart the liveice

#!/bin/sh

killall lame
sleep 5
liveice -F liveice01.cfg >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

*/1 * * * * my script

When I start the script without cronjob, ps afx shows me

\_liveice -F liveice01.cfg
   \_liveice -F liveice01.cfg
    \_lame -m m -s 24.000000 -b 56 -r -x -h .liveic

When I start with cronjob there is only

\_liveice .F liveice01.cfg

I´m a linux newbe and hope there is not a stupid question

Thanks

Andreas