[icecast] icecast chuid nobody:nogroup and logging issue...

iceuse at kezako.net iceuse at kezako.net
Wed Jan 28 10:54:08 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have a trouble with chuid and logging...
I run icecast as nobody:nogroup
It writes error_log and access_log in /var/log/icecast
drwxrwxrwx    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Jan 28 11:20 icecast
which belongs to nobody:nogroup
but it creates files with root:root uid
-rw-------    1 root     root          855 Jan 28 11:47 access.log
-rw-------    1 root     root         4003 Jan 28 11:47 error.log
If I delete the files, start icecast, it creates them as above.
If I stop icecast and restart it, then
Changed userid to 65534.
FATAL: could not open error logging
FATAL: could not open access logging
FATAL: Could not start logging

normal, because the files belongs to root:root
I don't understand why the files are not belonging to nobody:nogroup at creation...
In the meanwhile, I put a chown to solve my problem...

Regards,
(I'm using icecast2-kh22)

Chris