[icecast] Oddcast not working with WinAmp 5.01

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Jan 14 02:36:35 UTC 2004

I've seen this problem before several months ago with Winamp 2 and reported
on it at the time, though I may have put it in different words.  I believe
it only occured under Win98.  I'm using XP now and I haven't seen the same
problem since.

It was very bizzare.  I tried everything including removing all DSP plugins
except Oddcast but Winamp still insisted that Oddcast was infact some other
plugin that I had deleted, and the Oddcast box would not display.  I
couldn't work out where the name of the other plugin was coming from.  I
searched the registry and couldn't find it anywhere.

I think it came right all by itself eventually after installing & removing
DSP plugins.

Ross Levis
http://winvorbis.stationplaylist.com
http://www.stationplaylist.com