[icecast] Firewall issue - Port 80

Eric Rank erank at isthmus.com
Mon Feb 9 20:09:04 UTC 2004

Normally you need to run services as the root user (which icecast recommends
against doing) for ports under 1024. So if you're running icecast 2 as a
non-root user, that might be your problem. I would try a different
non-standard port, like 8002, or whatever.

I've had problems with various isp's blocking uploads from port 80, 21, 23,
and even 8080. So if your users are trying to upload from port 80, they
might still have problems, even if you can get a listener socket on 80.

Eric