[icecast] Firewall issue - Port 80

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Mon Feb 9 19:37:33 UTC 2004

Hello.

we are trying to setup some rebroadcast of live feeds with IceCast 2 and
darkice server on
dedicated machines. With some customers we have problems to get the the
mp3 stream
through fiorewalls on port 8000.

If I reconfigure the IceCast 2 server on port 80 it cannot create a
listener socket on port 80.

There is definitly no service on port 80 running.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Best Regards

 - Johann

 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 89 960570-0
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 89 960570-79
 Betastr. 9a             |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85774 Unterfoehring   |  j.soukup at netlantic.de