[Icecast] Icecast 2.2.0 RC1 Announcement

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Dec 20 23:27:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 03:21, EISELE Pascal wrote:
> Great Job ! ;)
> Are you planning to :
> - correct the metadata problem when you're relaying an icecast v1 server
> ? (our radio totaly depend on icecast v1...)

Are you planning on reporting a bug here? Because we've never heard of any
problem with this... As far as I know, this works fine.

> - add an option to enable backup streams only when the primary one is
> done ? I mean that if a defined two mountpoint that are relaying
> different stream (from a primary and a secondary server) and define the
> backup option to the second mountpoint, it should be great if the
> relaying starts and stop only when needed (when the backup option is used)

On-demand relays won't be in this release, they are planned for a future
release.

> - add a function to switch listeners between too mountpoints ? (such as
> icecast v1)

This was in both 2.0 and 2.1, and will be in 2.2.

> - add a telnet interface (such as icecast v1)

No, very unlikely to ever be added. However, you can issue the appropriate
HTTP commands for everything in the admin interface using a telnet client if
you really, really, want to. HTTP is simple!

Mike