[Icecast] Icecast 2.2.0 RC1 Announcement

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Dec 20 16:46:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:21, EISELE Pascal wrote:
> Great Job ! ;)
> Are you planning to :
> - correct the metadata problem when you're relaying an icecast v1 server
> ? (our radio totaly depend on icecast v1...)

2 queries on this...

What is the metadata problem that you are referring to ?
What is making you depend on icecast v1 ?

> - add an option to enable backup streams only when the primary one is
> done ? I mean that if a defined two mountpoint that are relaying
> different stream (from a primary and a secondary server) and define the
> backup option to the second mountpoint, it should be great if the
> relaying starts and stop only when needed (when the backup option is used)

This sounds like the on-demand relay setting I have in my branch, if it
is then it won't be in 2.2 but should be merged afterwards

> - add a function to switch listeners between too mountpoints ? (such as
> icecast v1)

the moveclients[.xsl] interface can already do that.

> - add a telnet interface (such as icecast v1)

There hasn't been any call for a telnet interface, the web interface
suffices for most people.

karl.