[Icecast] Icecast 2.2.0 RC1 Announcement

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Dec 20 16:36:42 UTC 2004

At 10:21 AM 12/20/2004, you wrote:
>Great Job ! ;)
>Are you planning to :
>- correct the metadata problem when you're relaying an icecast v1 server ?
>(our radio totaly depend on icecast v1...)

we don't support icecast 1.x.  The question is, why are you dependent on it ?

>- add an option to enable backup streams only when the primary one is done
>? I mean that if a defined two mountpoint that are relaying different
>stream (from a primary and a secondary server) and define the backup
>option to the second mountpoint, it should be great if the relaying starts
>and stop only when needed (when the backup option is used)

I think you are describing on-demand relays, and karl has that in his
branch.. I'd suggest you testing it out if that's something you need or use.

>- add a function to switch listeners between too mountpoints ? (such as
>icecast v1)

icecast 2.x has had this for a long time.

>- add a telnet interface (such as icecast v1)

we now use a web-based interface.  I doubt we will be implementing the
telnet based one again unless someone contributes it.

oddsock