[Icecast] Icecast 2.2.0 RC1 Announcement

EISELE Pascal lemmingsml at nerim.fr
Tue Dec 21 09:09:47 UTC 2004

First, thanks for all your answers ! ;)

oddsock a écrit :

> At 10:21 AM 12/20/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Great Job ! ;)
>> Are you planning to :
>> - correct the metadata problem when you're relaying an icecast v1
>> server ? (our radio totaly depend on icecast v1...)
>

> we don't support icecast 1.x.  The question is, why are you dependent
> on it ?

I should declare a bug but I've read many mail in icecast at xiph.org ML
talking about this kind of problem. So I was thinking that someone have
already work on this.
The problem is that "song title" is not relayed between our icecast v1
server and our icecast v2 relay.
I need icecast 1 because all our system is using it....
I've created many scripts to :
- transcode (re-encode) a stream to another bitrate/format
- a script to switch between our two stream (one for live event and the
other for automatic scheduling)
Moreover we are using ices for icecast 1 with a lot a script to get
title, switch playlists, etc...