[Icecast] extended characters

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Dec 14 04:29:38 UTC 2004

ok, after further review, it looks like it is oddcast that is not handling
the charset properly.  I dumped an archive of what is being sent (the
vorbis stream) and ran it through ogginfo, and I get :

User comments section follows...
         TITLE=I Láthair Dé
Warning: Illegal UTF-8 sequence in comment 1 (stream 1): invalid sequence

The odd thing is that if I play that archive in winamp, the correct title
(Màire Brennan - I Láthair Dé) shows, and if I play it in foobar2k, then
only the TITLE shows (which clued me in on the fact that the vorbis
comments might be wrong).  Of course, it still shows up properly in the
status.xsl, which is even stranger.

So the problem is with oddcast and it's lack of handling UNICODE characters
properly when adding vorbis comments to the stream.  Now fixing it...well,
that's another story... :)  At least I have a nice reproducible test case.

oddsock