[icecast] live scheduling

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 23 09:16:10 UTC 2004

hi,

I would like to send a stream to an Icecast 2 server. The content of the
stream I would like to control through a web interface.

The web interface would need to be capable of:
-  changing content using a time-based schedule.
-  encompass crossfades when audio sources are changed

I have searched around and I can find some jukeboxes that feed an mp3
player and allow the changing of playlists  through a web interface - but
nothing that has time-based scheduling functionality.

There have been a few that have come close, most notably Lowlive
(http://www.campware.org), but it doesnt quite get there (no crossfades,
and too simplistic scheduling for what i need).

and MuSE has an API that could do it, but I would need to do a lot of
development (http://muse.dyne.org/codedoc/).

I might look at extending Lowlive and possibly using it with a restreamer
but before I go to that trouble I was wondering if anyone seen anything
that could do this? Or is there anything that could be developed 'easily'
to get to that point?

thanks in advance,

adam

adam at xs4all.nl