Re-7: [icecast] Newbie-Question

d.moritz at edv-partner.com d.moritz at edv-partner.com
Wed Sep 24 06:57:01 UTC 2003

Ok, I converted my sample .mp3-file to ogg which worked properly.
But still no music.

I checked the logs and found the folowing:

INFO main/main icecast server started (looks good)
INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source logging in at mountoint "/example1.ogg"
DBUG source/source_main Source creation complete
DBUG source/source_main Disconnecting source due to socket read error: Success
INFO source/source_main Disconnecting source following disconnection
INFO source/source_main Source "/example1.ogg" exiting
"SOURCE / example1.ogg HTTP/1.0" 200 1 9 "-" "IceS 2.0-Beta2" 0

So I assume I got something wrong in my paths or such.
My icecast is in "/usr/local/share/icecast"

What should the playlist.txt look like?
my looks like this:
/usr/local/share/icecast/<dateiname>.ogg

Any ideas?

Any way to just set up a "testing"-Icecast which loops just one song so I can text if i can connect via winamp?