Re-7: [icecast] Newbie-Question

william at welho.com william at welho.com
Wed Sep 24 07:26:42 UTC 2003

The easiest way to check icecast is working ok I reckon is to stick some Ogg
files in the webroot directory.

Make sure file serving is on like this in your icecast.xml:

<fileserve>1</fileserve>

Then set the webroot to some dir with Ogg files in:

<webroot>/usr/local/icecast/media</webroot>

Now stick a couple of Ogg files in the above directory. If you put a file
monkey.ogg in the dir, then you should now be able to listen to it at:

http://yourHostHere:8000/monkey.ogg

(go to this location in winamp or XMMS or whatever, the browser will just try
and download it)