[icecast] Looks good on server, no audio on client.

pau pdl at sindominio.net
Tue Sep 9 12:09:14 UTC 2003

sonnik va dir:
> I'm trying to set up a live stream originating from line-in on my
> soundcard.
>

> In both cases, Winamp appears to connect, and the access log shows a 200
> with the data transfer size.  The access log also leads me to believe
> that Ices2 is logging in properly (I'm still using the default
> passwords).

It seems that you are sending all the information to the server, but not
the audio. look at the /etc/aumixrc file (or similar, I don't know where
is in a redhat). You must have the line-in to Record.

try with:     aumix -l R

The aumix program is a mixer that controls the volume, lines in/out , etc.
Perhaps you are using another one, but the idea is the same.

bye,

pau.