[icecast] Looks good on server, no audio on client.

sonnik sonnik at cox.net
Tue Sep 9 11:25:08 UTC 2003

I'm trying to set up a live stream originating from line-in on my
soundcard.

I'm attempting to use Icecast2 and Ices2.  I've been up and down the
configuration.  I switched from the line-in method to using .ogg files
as source.  These .ogg files play find independent of Ices2/Icecast2.
Ices2 and Icecast2 are running on the same Redhat 9 machine.

In both cases, Winamp appears to connect, and the access log shows a 200
with the data transfer size.  The access log also leads me to believe
that Ices2 is logging in properly (I'm still using the default
passwords).

Attached are my config files (ices.xml = line-in config, beck.xml = ogg
playlist) and the log files.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been looking all over for
documentation that addresses this problem.