[icecast] using the latest icecast and ices to stream both ogg and mp3

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Sat Nov 22 04:59:37 UTC 2003

I've gotten a request from another broadcasting partner to set up yet
another streaming audio server. They would like to stream in both ogg
and mp3 formats from off a single icecast machine. I have been searching
through the archives and I have seen this mentioned as being possible,
but no real configurations.
I would of course place LAME on the box and use that for streaming just
as I would for icecast1.
Any suggestions? Or do I have to install both icecast1 and icecast2 on
the same server and have them both running, but broadcasting on
different ports?
Any suggestions and config files would be appreciated.
KJ

--
Kerry Cox <kerry.cox at ksl.com>
KSL / Bonneville International