[vorbis-dev] RE: Fw: [icecast] Some Question

Aaron Colwell acolwell at real.com
Mon Nov 10 22:07:15 UTC 2003

Helix plays Vorbis. You should also be able to use the Helix plugins with
stock RealOne players. Lately I've been making improvements to the Helix
Vorbis code so it works better. I'm also fixing some bugs with Icecast
playback. This is a personal side project of mine so please be patient.
I'm trying to get solid Vorbis playback in Helix as quickly as possible.

I'm also planning on implementing the current Vorbis RTP draft for use
with the Helix server. I may also experiment with some ideas I have for
improving the draft so it can support things like streaming chained
files and multicast playback.

Aaron