[vorbis-dev] RE: Fw: [icecast] Some Question

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Tue Nov 11 02:28:54 UTC 2003

Hi Aaron

> Helix plays Vorbis. You should also be able to use the Helix
> plugins with stock RealOne players.

I'll give it a go, thanks.

> This is a personal side project of mine so please
> be patient. I'm trying to get solid Vorbis playback in Helix
> as quickly as possible.

I appreciate that you are doing this in your spare time.  I thank you
very much.  In my opinion, I think this, and a working WMP plugin,
should be an official Xiph priority.  I personally don't see anything
else as more important.  A video codec would be nice (Theora) but only
after the audio can be played & streamed in the 2 most popular players
on the planet.

Regards,
Ross.