Fw: [icecast] Some Question

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Mon Nov 10 21:48:08 UTC 2003

Oddsock wrote:
> most of the major media players (winamp, foobar2k) come with
> vorbis input plugins now.

Winamp & Foobar2k are not major media players.  I think around 70% of
all users either use Windows Media Player or the RealOne player.
Neither of which can play Vorbis streams, and this is a major hurdle in
the acceptance of Vorbis streaming.  I keep telling people that plugins
are coming, but they seem to be taking forever.

Ross.