[icecast] Master vs Relay

Krištof Petr Kristof.P at fce.vutbr.cz
Mon May 5 14:21:24 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have working enviroment with sourceworkstation (ices2) and one
broadcast icecast2 server.
One live stream, working fine.

Now, I want to add two another icecast servers like chain:

ourceworkstation -> serverA -> serverB -> serverC

o users can choose nearest server to connect.

But dont know, how to configure it. Examples of config files uses
127.0.0.1 everywhere, so it is not illustrative.

Who is master, who is relay? On what server I should use
<master-server>  section
and where <relay>?

Can someone explain it, please? Have anyone similiar configuration?

Thank you

Petr