[icecast] Master vs Relay

Luke Stodola minus273point16c at fastmail.fm
Tue May 6 02:28:40 UTC 2003

I have not done this, and I'm not really sure if it works this way, but,
since nobody else has responded,  here is my understanding.

Since you want to allow users to connect to any of the three servers, I
don't think you need to deal with "relay-password".  Leave your working
server alone, and on the new servers put

      <relay>
       <server>serverA </server>
       <port>8000</port>
       <mount>/foo.ogg</mount>
       <local-mount>/foo.ogg</local-mount>
      </relay>

I see no reason to have a different local mount; may as well make it easy
for your users.  Also, I would think that both serverB and serverC should
connect directly to serverA.  That way, less delay and more redundancy in
case serverB goes down.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
  Luke Stodola