[icecast] icecast2 password bug?

Karel Alvarez karelium at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 08:16:53 UTC 2003

Thanx to you, my friend!

2:59am - Finally my oddcast get connected with icecast2!

Your solution worked ok.
I set <mount-username> "source" and password the same as in
<authentication><source-password>

But...came to life another little problem:

When I say to oddcast plugin that send mp3 data instead ogg, it seems
to work ok but winamp clients are not able to listen it !! Now they
can't connect to the server. what can I do now?

this:
<mount>
  <username></username>
  <password>xxxxx</password>
</mount>

    chao,
        Karel

--- oddsock <oddsock at oddsock.org> wrote:
> there is quite a bit of confusion regarding this bit....
>
> password you define as "source-password" in oddcast.  Also, make sure
> you
> have selected icecast2 as a server type in oddcast.
> also, none of the oddcast plugins currently support sending a source
> username other than "source", so if you want to use a mount-level
> source
> user/password, make sure you specify "source" as the user, otherwise
> it
> won't connect.
>
> oddsock

Do you Yahoo!?