[icecast] compilling error ices-0.2.3.tar.gz

Brendan Cully brendan at xiph.org
Sun Mar 9 00:08:00 UTC 2003

On Saturday, 08 March 2003 at 13:39, ronnie at mixsessions.com wrote:
> I downloaded libshout2 and ices-0.2 from cvs. I compiled libshout with out a problem but when i try
> and compile ices I get the following error:
>

> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
> checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
> checking shout/shout.h usability... yes
> checking shout/shout.h presence... yes
> checking for shout/shout.h... yes
> checking for shout_new in -lshout... no
> configure: error: Could not find a usable installed libshout
>
> when I compile:
>
> /autogen.sh --prefix=/etc/stream --exec-prefix=/etc/stream --with-lame=/etc/stream --with-libshout=
> /etc/stream

This particular error is because you used --with-libshout= instead of
--with-libshout

But I've just made some changes to libshout and ices which should make things
work more smoothly. Compile and install the latest libshout from CVS, then
try the latest ices too. --with-libshout is gone, but you can use
--with-shout-config to specify the path to the new shout-config utility,
if you aren't installing in a standard place.

-b