[icecast] compilling error ices-0.2.3.tar.gz

ronnie at mixsessions.com ronnie at mixsessions.com
Sat Mar 8 18:39:23 UTC 2003

thnks for the clarfication.

I downloaded libshout2 and ices-0.2 from cvs. I compiled libshout with out a problem but when i try
and compile ices I get the following error:

checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking shout/shout.h usability... yes
checking shout/shout.h presence... yes
checking for shout/shout.h... yes
checking for shout_new in -lshout... no
configure: error: Could not find a usable installed libshout

when I compile:

/autogen.sh --prefix=/etc/stream --exec-prefix=/etc/stream --with-lame=/etc/stream --with-libshout=
/etc/stream