[icecast] strange noise from icecast

Mitja Pirih Mitja.Pirih at radiocapris.com
Thu Mar 6 19:14:36 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm using icecast for at least 3 months now and I am experiencing a strange noise and also some echo effect (from time to time) and I can't identify the source of this noise. I tryed almost everything, from TCP fragment reassembling to cheking my hardware. I just have no more ideas what to check.

The streams can be found here:

live.radiocapris.com:8000/low
live.radiocapris.com:8000/medium
live.radiocapris.com:8000/high
live.radiocapris.com:8000/vh

I am using Winamp 2.81 for input, MuchFX2 and 4 oddcastDSP plugins to stream (lame encoder) on Windows 2000. The streaming server is an icecast 1.3.12 on OpenBSD 3.2.

Thanks,
Mitja