[icecast] Using icecast2 with MP3 problems

Shawn M Ferris shawnmferris at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 15:42:04 UTC 2003

I've downloaded and compiled icecast from cvs and the ices-0.2.3 from
the download area for MP3 support.. (I'd use ogg, except I have 1000's
of mp3. I'll re-rip them, but not today) 8)

Is there a particular version of the icecast2 server that works w/ the
ices-0.2.3 I'm using? I'm having difficulty getting the two to
communicate.

>From ices, I get the errors:

Error during send: Mount failed on http://192.168.0.1:8000/ices.mp3,
error: Could not login on server. Server message:

and from the errorlog on icecast:

[2003-03-02  08:45:09] EROR connection/_handle_connection HTTP request
parsing failed

I would appreciate all help that anyone could provide! (Attached are my
configuration files)

Much thanks!
SMF 8)