[icecast] cvs problem...

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Mar 2 11:40:31 UTC 2003

Michael Smith wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de> said:
>

>>hello everyone!
>>
>>i have a problem checking out the icecast cvs. the checkout stalls after
>>pulling timing/timing.h (no matter which module, they all seem to depend
>>on it). i have to kill it after a while.
>>am i doing anything wrong, or is your cvs botched ?
>

> Nope, our cvs is fine. YOUR cvs client, on the other hand, is botched - it's
> an old version with a bug in it (our cvs server is a recent version). If you
> don't use -z (compression), the bug isn't triggered. Also, timing/timing.h is
> the last file - this bug is triggered only at the very end, so you've actually
> successfully checked everything out. It's ok to just kill the client at that
> point (but preferable to update the cvs client or not use -z)

ok, thanks for the info. i did indeed use compression. but since i'm
using the latest suse distro, i thought my client was current enough -
i'll update.

--
If you're happy and you know it, bomb Iraq.

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)