[icecast] Oddcast suggestion

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Tue Jun 24 06:44:10 UTC 2003

Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> Hmm, maybe it could work somehow if we're using quality-based VBR-
> encoding? If you have silence only very few bandwidth is needed.

I've not seen a bitrate managed vorbis stream yet.  They are all VBR.

> If you want to try to do it this way you might have to write a dsp-
> plugin that loads Oddcast DSP "behind" itself and passes audio
> through. This way you could mute the audio.

That is exactly what I was suggesting.  DSP stackers allow DSP's to be
processed in the order you need.  In my case, however, I would use the new
DSP in the Winamp DSP/Effects and the OddCast DSP in the SQRSoft DSP area.

I will attempt to do this myself when I get time, but that may be never.

Regards,
Ross.