[icecast] Oddcast suggestion

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Tue Jun 24 06:31:55 UTC 2003

Hmm, maybe it could work somehow if we're using quality-based VBR-
encoding? If you have silence only very few bandwidth is needed.

But I really personally dislike all these VBR-things ... so thats why
I would never try implementing it :-)

If you want to try to do it this way you might have to write a dsp-
plugin that loads Oddcast DSP "behind" itself and passes audio
through. This way you could mute the audio.

Just my 2 cents
    Stefan