[icecast] ices2 metadata, script module

Jesper Johnson jesper.johnson at welho.com
Tue Jun 10 22:16:53 UTC 2003

Hi!

I upgraded libshout/ices2/icecast2 from CVS today and noticed there's some
new neat stuff like the web admin interface. Thanks to whomever the
contributor may be. Yay! Btw, about icecast2 admin.c line 458 -- shouldn't
"dest_source, source->mount" be the other way around? Just a thing I
noticed :-)

..anyway, my question:
Is there a way to make ices2 update metadata about the currently playing
song if you're using a script to control the playlist in the input module
config? It seems to be possible with <param name="metadata">1</param> and
<param name="metadatafilename">metadata_info</param> when using the OSS
module, but how does one do this in my situation? It'd be really useful,
'cause none of the files I'm streaming have metadata -- I could use my
playlist script to write the metadata each time the script is invoked,
getting the artist/song data from a MySQL database where I keep all the
artist/song/copyright info.

.. hints & tips & example XMLs appreciated! :-)