[icecast] OSS/Linux and Ices

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jun 11 09:11:30 UTC 2003

adam leigh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a series of problems in the past getting ices to work properly which I
> think might now have some relation to the OSS/Linux drivers I'm using.  Does
> anyone know if you need to change a setting or take an extra step to get Ices2
> to work when using the commercial OSS drivers as opposed to any of they other
> available methods.
>
> The reason I suspect this is that I've found only the recorder packaged with
> OSS seems to be able to read off the mic input and if Ices does the same it
> might have a problem.
>
> If there are any configuratoin flies that you need me to quote, please let me
> know.

not quite to the point, but which card are you using ? have you
considered moving to alsa ?

--
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from
the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or

Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)