[icecast] Dummy soundcard driver for Windows (OT)

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Tue Jun 10 12:20:15 UTC 2003

On 9 Jun 2003 at 17:48, Dave St John wrote:

> > One more reason why computers will never replace real DJ's ;-)
> I believe its called desktop webcasting or will be ;)
>
> Doesnt sound like replacing dj's, its just enabling them to dj
> remotely without the need and fuss localy oh and not to mention
> redundancy, doing a webcast from a house/office/home pc is a major
> ordeal with todays shitty dsl/cable providers just my 2 dollaws

But there is no real "remote DJ"-software yet, is there? I mean, not
just "autofades", which somehow sound a little bit crazy - but really
offering them an interface so they can adjust the crossfading, mix
this together with sounders etc. I've seen this technique once here
at a local radio station and was quite impressed. But for this to
work the server would need to send low-quality-audio to the DJ who
could then make the crossfades etc, transmit this data back  to the
server and the server then executes the crossfades etc. on the real
sondfiles on the server. Hmm - sounds interesting :-)) But is there
already a software-solution for this?

  Stefan