[icecast] general questions

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 5 08:53:09 UTC 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:

> Ahhh!! That will work just great, I can just use a PHP script to read the
> status2.xsl and format it using php. I'm curious about one more thing, the
> stream name and all that, I don't recall being able to set that, but maybe
> I missed something in the default config. I'm not at that location so I
> can't check, but would anyone care to give me an enlightening snippet of
> info?

Yeah, the stream name 'n stuff is set in the streamer's config (e.g.
ices2).  this is pretty obvious since the name of a stream is different for
each stream.

> Also, is there something that the yp server does that formatting the .xsl
> files can't?

YP servers are meant to be directories of a whole bunch of streams from a
whole bunch of servers.  If you just want to show stats and listen links
for your own streams on your own server, then there's probably not a lot of
point in running a YP server.  If you visit
http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/ or http://yp.icecast.net you'll see many
streams listed from all sorts of places.

Geoff.