[icecast] general questions

Bryan Koschmann - GKT gktnews at gktech.net
Thu Jun 5 03:13:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Ok.  I don't know much about the admin stuff so I won't comment on that.
> I think Mike might have posted about it before, so a search of the list
> archives might prove useful.

Okay I'll look around and see what I can find...

> the webroot and XSL files questions are related.  To use the XSL files, put
> them into the directory you've defined as webroot, and then call them
> through icecast like so:
>
> http://server:port/status.xsl

Ahhh!! That will work just great, I can just use a PHP script to read the
status2.xsl and format it using php. I'm curious about one more thing, the
stream name and all that, I don't recall being able to set that, but maybe
I missed something in the default config. I'm not at that location so I
can't check, but would anyone care to give me an enlightening snippet of
info?

files can't?

Thanks, I think I'm starting to get it all now.. :)

        Bryan