[icecast] OddCast or IceCast screws up extended characters

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Mon Jul 28 00:43:00 UTC 2003

I'll purposely attach an HTML encoded message in case some of you are using 7-bit ascii readers.

I have a number of songs which use extended ASCII characters in the arist or title such as Màire Brennan - I Láthair Dé.  The Current Song in the IceCast status.xsl replaces every extended character plus 1 or 2 characters after it with some strange character.  So effectivly shortens the title somewhat but it's mostly still there.  When listening to the stream with Winamp 2.9x, the title shows as "M - I L".  I'm not kidding.

Regards,
Ross.