[icecast] ices 0.3 released

Bryan Payne speedwolf at door.net
Mon Jul 14 21:15:18 UTC 2003

Actually I think there is already allot of mainstream support for the
format?

In fact many large Gaming developers including EA and Sierra use the format
to drive audio in their gamning - there is allot of hardware supporting the
format as well and many player solutions in place that support it -

However the issue of most concern to me is although for localised encoding
and "Playback" Ogg is doing great - There still apears to be a lack of
supporting applications and devices for the Streaming market. My gauge of
that however is just as you said Jack - it's a matter of time.

Bryan Payne
Spacial Audio Solutions
806-549-1085
www.spacialaudio.com
www.audiorealm.com

Confidentiality Note:
The information contained in this email and document(s)attached are for the
exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential, privileged and
non-disclosable information.  If the recipient of this email is not the
addressee, such recipient is strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying,
distribution or otherwise using this email or its contents in any way.