[icecast] ices 0.3 released

Daniel Seebald dachande at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 09:08:46 UTC 2003

Bryan Payne wrote:
> Actually I think there is already allot of mainstream support for the
> format?
>
> In fact many large Gaming developers including EA and Sierra use the format
> to drive audio in their gamning - there is allot of hardware supporting the
> format as well and many player solutions in place that support it -

Another good example is the Doomsday Engine (www.doomsdayhq.com), a new
Doom Engine where you can play good old Doom 1 and 2 in OpenGL with
High-Res Textures and much more. AND the possibility of using Ogg music
files instead of the traditional MUS lumps. This creates the posibility
to play high-quality music still at a low file size.

--
CU... Daniel
...this is Linux Country. If you listen carefully you can hear Windows

http://www.thefront.tk