[icecast] MP3/OGG/The whole thing

Rolf Johansson rojo at nocrew.org
Wed Jul 9 13:53:25 UTC 2003

Brendan Cully <brendan at xiph.org> writes:

> *You do need a snapshot rather than a release to do all this,
> but I'd recommend that anyway since the snapshot is actually a lot
> more robust than the release. For instance you shouldn't need any VBR
> patch.

Thanks for responding. The VBR patch was just a "dummy" patch I applied,
because iceS didn't read VBR files correctly -- it could sometimes read
it as 128kbps and don't do a recode, causing icecast to recieve a vbr
with strange errors at the client side. I made it always recode, if recode
was selected.

I will follow the development and think again about how to do in the future.

/Rolf