[icecast] RE: Mediacast1 yp dir update

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jul 8 14:22:31 UTC 2003

At 10:08 AM 7/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:36:10AM +0100, David Jones wrote:
> > and Ross Levis wrote:
> > > Sometimes when I restart my stream it appears for a while without
> > > updating the title etc and then disappears a few minutes later.  I'm
> > > sure Dave will fix it eventually but he is away for the week.
> >

>I know why, and I'm working to fix it.
>
>Basically it's behavior in Icecast.  For some reason some streams only
>update themselves during song change, while they are suppost to update
>at regular intervals too.
>
>The YP update schedualing needs some pretty heavy TLC, hopefully I
>should have a good patch for it soon.

actually, it was a bug when listing in multiple directories only. It was
caused by accidentally resetting the "last touch time" for all directory
entries when it should have done it only for one directory entry.  This was
causing the "I need to touch now" logic to not get triggered.  I just
committed a patch to icecast that fixes this problem.  So, please update
your code otherwise you will have troubles updating to more than one
directory reliably.

I have also updated http://www.oddsock.org/tools/icecast2 with the latest
CVS code as well....

oddsock