[icecast] RE: Mediacast1 yp dir update

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Tue Jul 8 14:08:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:36:10AM +0100, David Jones wrote:
> and Ross Levis wrote:
> > Sometimes when I restart my stream it appears for a while without
> > updating the title etc and then disappears a few minutes later.  I'm
> > sure Dave will fix it eventually but he is away for the week.
>
> We're getting the same problem at Virgin Radio. We're using very recent
> builds of ices2 and icecast2 (i.e. less than a week old). Our entry reliably
> updates in the www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/ directory but doesn't reliably
> appear in the yp.icecast.net directory. As Ross says, sometimes it appears
> for a short time after a restart.
>
> My error log is full of entries like:
> INFO yp/yp_submit_url Successfull ACK from yp_touch
> (http://www.oddsock.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi)
> but there is no equivalent for the icecast.net directory.

I know why, and I'm working to fix it.

Basically it's behavior in Icecast.  For some reason some streams only
update themselves during song change, while they are suppost to update
at regular intervals too.

The YP update schedualing needs some pretty heavy TLC, hopefully I
should have a good patch for it soon.