[icecast] RE: Mediacast1 yp dir update

David Jones David.Jones at ginger.com
Tue Jul 8 10:36:10 UTC 2003

and Ross Levis wrote:
> Sometimes when I restart my stream it appears for a while without
> updating the title etc and then disappears a few minutes later.  I'm
> sure Dave will fix it eventually but he is away for the week.

We're getting the same problem at Virgin Radio. We're using very recent
builds of ices2 and icecast2 (i.e. less than a week old). Our entry reliably
updates in the www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/ directory but doesn't reliably
appear in the yp.icecast.net directory. As Ross says, sometimes it appears
for a short time after a restart.

My error log is full of entries like:
INFO yp/yp_submit_url Successfull ACK from yp_touch
(http://www.oddsock.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi)
but there is no equivalent for the icecast.net directory.

David

David Jones
Head of IT, Virgin Radio
t +44 20 7432 3346 f +44 20 7432 3456