[icecast] Icecast2 log and yp behaviour

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Jul 3 01:37:07 UTC 2003

> Firstly, I want to rotate the icecast2 logs at midnight (i.e. create a new
> access.log file for each day). Normally I would expect to be able to move
> the existing log file and then send a killall -HUP to get the service to
> start logging in a fresh access.log file. This is what I do with Shoutcast.

Hrmmm.. Yes, this wouldn't work currently. It should be very easy to make it
work, however. Just find (in src/sighandler.c) where it says
    /* reopen logfiles (TODO: we don't do this currently) */
and add calls to log_reopen(errorlog); log_reopen(accesslog);

Oh, and then actually implement log_reopen(), since it's currently an empty
function. That might be marginally harder...

But yet - you're right that it doesn't work, and it definately SHOULD work.

Mike